Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Early this week I posted a blog called "Escape from Istanbul". One of my readers asked for more about the city, which is why I am posting these pictures that I think capture the meaning I am trying to portray.
Do I hate Istanbul? No. I love it.
I'm just tired of all the positive, idealistically written articles about the grandeur, and beauty of the city that only short-time visitors feel.
Yes, you will get sucked into the calmness that exudes from the Bosphorous, but only before you arrive at Taksim Square and feel the jolt of its chaotic reality. When you stay longer in any city the euphoria begins to wear off and one becomes struck with the utter chaos that is this city.
No problem. My friends and I can feel the tourist euphoria whenever we pause from our busy lives to absorb everything enjoyable the city has to offer -- the list is long.

No comments:

Post a Comment